- This website contains information on Chinese martial arts classes.
- These classes traditionally have been offered to military veterans only but are now open to the public.
- Class fees are simple and easy. Pay a $5.00 drop-in fee at the beggining of each class or make a donation to Veterans Mind and Body.
- All fees collected will be used to pay rent and utilities on the space.
- Any surplus money after expenses will be used to purchase exercise equipment, hire trainers, and upgrade the physical space even further.
- The classes taught here are based on Yang style Tai Chi Chuan and Southern styles of Kung Fu.
- This is a combination of internal and external martial arts training.
- Both focus primarily on balance, posture, and coordination, while placing an emphasis on reflexive, spontaneous action in a self-defense situation.
- Come and work-out and hang-out with military veterans like yourself.
- There are no belts, costumes, or tournaments in this system.
- Any prior training is easily integrated into the basic form.
-No previous experience or training is necessary.
- There is no uniform required. Wear sweat pants and a t-shirt with clean socks. Work-out shoes and t-shirt can be ordered upon request.
Class Dates & Times:
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- To be announced